Does God have a plan with every person here on earth? When
we move through Africa - seeing crowds of people everywhere (especially here in
Malawi),
on the roadside, marketplaces, communities and even churches – I sometimes struggle. What about the millions of children whose lives seem to ‘just pass by’, with
ongoing struggles due to great poverty, who never see the Light?
Going every week to one of those communities, having a crowd
of kids in front of me, eager to look en listen, I know one thing for sure. God
says: “It is not the will of our Father which is in heaven, that one of these
little ones should perish!” and “The Son of man came to save that which was
lost” (Matt.18)
Friends, thank you for taking a few minutes to lay these
little lost lambs into His hands. May today’s lesson, The Parable of the Lost Sheep,
remain in their hearts. Christ’s love for little ones is wider then the whole wide
world, deeper that the deepest ocean and higher than the sky...
You should have seen our ‘play’! I walked through the village
dressed up like a shepherd, 99+ bleating sheep following me, one little lamb
getting lost. Parents were coming out of their houses to see what all the noise
was about. When I discovered that little lamb Innocent was missing I started
searching… (There were lots of real animals to be found, donkeys, pigs, goats
and even a few dirty sheep looking compassionately at me). When I found my lamb
I made a joyous dance and all the kids in the ‘sheep pen’ laughed and clapped
their hands!
I pray for more laborers in the world’s ‘children’s
vineyard’. How can they believe if no one teaches them? We pray for churches to
teach parents, parents to teach their kids, Sunday school teachers to be diligent
in the ministry, and for you to reach out to ‘your own’ little ones.
I don’t know God’s plan with all the people. I do know that
we are called to reach out, teach and preach and do well to those around us in
Jesus name. Until He Comes!
“Lo, I am with you always, even unto the end of the world.
Amen.” (Matt. 28)
To see the pictures in a larger format, click here
Mark 6:34 When he went ashore he saw a great crowd, and he had compassion on them, because they were like sheep without a shepherd. And he began to teach them many things.
ReplyDeleteCees and Mirjam, we are praying for you, may you be comforted that God knows about these children.
Dear Mirjam: Wonderful seeing the work you are doing. Keep up the good work and wishing God's blessing on it all.
ReplyDeleteLove, Barbara