Our personal weblog to keep friends informed...

Friday, May 16, 2014

Towards Christ

"Thus is written, that the Christ should suffer and on the third day rise from the dead, and that repentance and forgiveness of sins should be proclaimed in His Name to all nations..." These are Christ's words recorded in the gospel of Luke. The Word touched me when I was sitting in the devotions at Logos Pastors training, glancing over the serious looks of the pastors. It's this Word that connects us missionaries with the people we work with. Serving towards one and the same purpose: winning people for Christ. When Cees was getting his copies from the office I had a chat with one of the pastors. Justin told me how privileged he feels, being part of this training program. "I did secondary school and started serving in the church voluntarily. I am so grateful for the ministry of Logos. I could never afford going to a college or seminary. Here, God is equipping me for free. Amazing grace." When I asked him what the best part was so far, he said: "I love the way Reverend Cees is helping us to be able to interpret the Old Testament towards Christ. It is a real eye opener!"
From there I drove to Chinsapo where the kids come running down the dirt road as soon as they hear the sound of our vehicle. They eagerly help me carry all teaching materials and of course the bread, accross the bridge and up, into the village! A couple hundred kids are gathering in the shade of the big tree and started singing the song 'Lolani ana' (let the children come). This day all my abc assistants are absent, my friend Grace is still in Tanzania. My other faithful Korean friend is with me. She is such a gem! She is a real servant! Eventhough she hardly speak english nor Chichewa I understand her and she is great in helping with logistics. Teaching 500 children in one group by myself is only doable in rural Africa!!! After the whole program I walk over to the mothers who have been listening too. They always appreciate a little 'kucheza' with me. I pray that as we lead these children to Christ, through them we might also lead the mothers!
The newest addition to our program: Towela, the 2 days old baby of one of our unmarried teenagers, a very common problem here. We believe this 'unwanted' baby is also welcome in the Kingdom of God. The need for leading children to Christ is always there!


No comments:

Post a Comment

Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.