![]() |
| Back in the day, a day out at the Lake with Grace |
Almost two
years ago, I left the work of Nyenyezi Ministry in the capable hands of my
friend Grace, as I moved back to The Netherlands. The work continued and our prayers
and interactions too. The beautiful-but-hard work in God’s Kingdom requires
mutual encouragement. I have tried to be the long distant support Grace needed
in heading this ministry. But it’s very different from walking through the
village together or praying together in the shade of a tree, as we used to do.
Therefore I
am planning to travel to Malawi this May and visit Nyenyezi Ministry. I would
like to encourage the staff, do some teacher’s training and meet up with the
women and children of the community. This way I also will get a fresh
understanding of what the ministry needs in order to continue the work of the
Lord. I am looking for funds (through my GoFundMe campaign) to cover travel and accommodation expenses, as
well as the costs for training. I trust and pray God will provide!
Nyenyezi
Ministry:
The effects
of Nyenyezi Ministry in the community of Chinsapo, Malawi are evident!
Children
who used to just hang around with their peers, waiting… are now being educated.
Our Christian pre-school offers education to one hundred young children giving
them the necessary foundation they need to succeed at the public elementary
school. Schools love to get “Nyenyezi kids” because they don’t drop out, as many
others do.
Vulnerable
children who often fell victim to neglect or various forms of abuse are now empowered
by the teaching of God’s Word. They are taught to put on the full armor of God
and take a stand against the powers of darkness.
Orphaned
children receive LOVE and CARE from our dedicated Nyenyezi staff, who often go
the extra mile, sometimes literally, when medical care is needed and not within
walking distance. They receive personal positive attention form adults,
something most kids in the West take for granted but is not a given under
harder circumstances.
Women are
developing a new, healthy self-esteem
since they learn how to read and write in literacy class and hear about the
Living God who loves them as women. Nyenyezi Ministry empowers the many
illiterate and often single moms and enables them to provide for their families
and beyond.
Nyenyezi
Ministry plants seeds… it is God who gives the increase.

No comments:
Post a Comment
Note: Only a member of this blog may post a comment.